Ok I lied, it suddenly got cold FAST!
Granted the lows only get down to the 40s and 50s (truly a Texan at heart), I haven't started preparing my apartment for winter yet.   I make it sound like I'm hibernating haha

The doors are super drafty and cold air blows in through the cracks constantly. I need to research ways to keep my apartment warm and save on electricity some more :(
Thankfully, I found some good advice.
Meanwhile, the search for my kotatsu blanket continues. I found some material I'd like to use as seat cushions, but now I actually have to make the cushions or find some and just put sleeves on them.

However, I did manage to snag some good deals with an antique desk that has a sliding cover ($32) and a small side table that I'm probably going to put my record player on ($8). With a little TLC on both of them, I'm going to have some amazing additions to my furniture! :) Pictures and processes will be up soon. I'm so motivated now, I kind of wish it wasn't halloween weekend so I could just spend all day working on them.

I'm on a thrifting binge, which is kind of bad unless I start selling some of my modified thrift finds.....we'll see how this all turns out. Either way, I'm really excited!

Thrifting/Shopping List

  • -Thick curtains
  • -Seat cushions/Pillows
  • -Door insulation supplies 
  • -Thick king size blanket
  • -Matching (if possible) sheet for floor
  • -Gesso (for table painting)

Comments (0)